Carpet Cleaning for Allergy Prevention
Allergies are mostly as a result of the body’s immune system reacting aggressively to foreign material that is ideally not harmful to the body. Allergens are foreign substances that the immune system considers harmful and attacks but are harmless in actuality. Allergens include dust mites, pet dander, molds, and pollen. Allergies have no established cause or end result. Allergic reactions carry varying symptoms, with some being just annoying while others are extremely dire. Some of the symptoms to look out for with allergies include:
Allergies can be a nuisance, and our carpets have the innate ability to store numerous allergens, including dust and pollen. This makes carpets the ideal storage for allergy triggers which can in some cases be detrimental to your health. However, we need carpets in our homes for a myriad of reasons. Consequently, we need to find a way to cope and make our carpets less of a hazard. Tim Summers, a local professional from
What Are Allergies and Allergens?
- Rashes and hives
- Eyes watering
- Runny and or itchy nose
- Difficulty breathing
What are the Effects of Carpet on People Living with Asthma?
People with asthma are especially vulnerable to allergies. Asthma manifests in the form of recurring attacks that bring about wheezing and breathing difficulties. Exposure to these allergens can be extremely catastrophic for such people. Asthmatic attacks can be minor and nearly harmless or downright fatal. Given its chronic nature, it would be best if someone with asthma got professional aid to help them pinpoint their triggers and allergens and do their best to avoid them.
How do You Prevent Allergens in Carpets?
Below are a few ways homeowners can keep their carpets allergen-free. These include:
- Going for short-pile carpets since they are still able to deliver the same mite control and lower the risk of allergen storage. These carpets are also comparably easier to clean.
- Take into consideration the fiber used to make your carpet. Allergy-friendly fibers such as nylon-based ones are resistant to allergen storage while still delivering the other vital functions of a carpet.
- Homeowners are advised to limit the exposure of their carpets to space, especially those prone to allergy attacks.
- Regular and thorough carpet vacuuming can limit the accumulation and infestation of allergens and triggers. Where possible, go for high-quality cleaning material such as vacuum cleaners with HEPA filtration.
What Other Cleaning Methods Control Allergens?
The above-listed control measures can only be effective if complemented with other similarly lined cleaning methods.
- Homeowners can occasionally air out their draperies at least once a year to keep them free of allergens.
- You will also need to regularly clean your beddings as they are possible infestation areas for mites. If possible, consider antimicrobial bedding.
- Properly ventilating your home will also limit the accumulation of contaminated air.
- If you are having trouble cleaning your carpets, you may consider hiring a professional cleaning service to guarantee impeccable cleaning.
What Can You Expect from Professional Carpet Cleaners?
Professional Cleaning services are heavily recommended by experts and industry professionals because of the following reasons:
- These professionals have a proven track record in delivering top-tier service to their clients. Currently, professional services heavily favor vacuuming with hot water extraction, which is believed to be very effective against allergens.
- They also have a magnitude of experience, which allows them to be very efficient. In order for them to reach these levels, they make use of professional equipment that is allergy and asthma-certified.
- Their services will also save you a lot of valuable time, which you can invest elsewhere.
People with asthma and allergies can get to enjoy the basic comforts of a carpet if it is well cleaned and maintained. Getting the appropriate carpeting will also guarantee minimal problems with allergies. Regular and thorough carpet cleaning, especially through professional services, can go a long way in making your home safe from allergens.